Reception and Administration Services (Term Position)
The Manitoba Agricultural Museum, located near Austin, Manitoba, is seeking an individual with strong office management skills for a term position through the summer months.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will act as a key support person to the team. The successful candidate will provide service excellence as the first point of contact for the public, sponsors, partners, member volunteers and vendors. Reception and Administration duties will support both museum operations and the Manitoba Threshermen’s Reunion and Stampede (MTRS) event through a broad range of office administration functions.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding customer service skills and a desire to assist others over the phone and in person.
- Willing to learn and execute proprietary data entry
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in providing general clerical duties.
- Attention to detail while managing a large workload.
- Experience working in a business office environment
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is an asset.
- Bilingual in French is an asset.
- Event planning skills an asset.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must hold a class 5 licence
- Regular hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Must have availability to work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends between July 22 to 29
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter and two references outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Angie Klym at email@example.com by June 11, 2018. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Accountant and Administration
The Manitoba Agricultural Museum located at Austin, Manitoba requires the services of a permanent full time accountant. The incumbent will be responsible for all phases of the accounting cycle from accounts receivable, accounts payable, general journal entries through to trial balance and the production of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports. This is an exciting position as it will also entail administrative support for the museum as well as serving as the Administrative Coordinator for the annual Manitoba Threshermen’s Reunion and Stampede. Hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of training and experience in the field of bookkeeping/accountancy.
- Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Experience with general clerical procedures.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a desire to assist others.
- Experience in bookkeeping and basic accounting skills.
- Class 5 drivers license
- Knowledge of Agriculture processes and machinery considered an asset.
- Experience working for a not-for-profit organization.
- Bilingual in French and English considered an asset.
- Previous event planning experience would be an asset.
- Some flexibility of hours may be needed.
- Some overtime may be required surrounding the annual Threshermen’s Reunion
Applicants should send a resume, expected salary, cover letter and two references outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Angie Klym at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 18, 2018. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.